- The church in our country continues to fracture; it breaks our hearts.
- The unholy alliance of church and power is crumbling; that is all right by us.
- We see the brokenness of the world, people alienated from God and one another.
- So many are fleeing hurtful experiences of the faith of their youth.
- What does it mean to live as followers of Jesus in a wealthy city in the most powerful nation in the world?
- How do we respond to violence, racism, gentrification, money and power?
- How do we ask forgiveness for the sins of the church, for our own sins?
- How do we hold onto Jesus, to orthodox faith in the midst of so many questions, so many obstacles?
Give us eyes to see Your Kingdom breaking out among us in this place.
Inspire us to a joyful life that proclaims that You, Jesus, are Lord.
May we live each day in loving service to You, the Living God.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we call upon You. Take the meager offerings of our lives lived in this community in which You have gathered us. Bless us, so that we may be a blessing.